James H. Hance, Jr.
Operating Executive, The Carlyle Group;, Former Vice Chairman, Bank of America Corporation
- Operating executive of the Carlyle Group LP since 2005
- Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer of Bank of America from 1993 to 2005; Chief Financial Officer from 1988 to 2004
- Chairman and co-owner of Consolidated Coin Caterers Corporation from 1985 to 1986
- Joined the audit staff of Price Waterhouse in 1969, served as Partner from 1979 until 1985
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public Company Directorships: Carlyle Group LP
- Former Public Company Directorships: Cousins Properties, Inc., Duke Energy Corporation, Ford Motor Company, Parkway, Inc., Sprint-Nextel Corporation, Rayonier, Inc., Enpro Industries, Morgan Stanley, and Bank of America Corporation
Skills and Experience
Mr. Hance has extensive leadership, operational, and financial expertise, as well as significant corporate governance knowledge from service on other public company boards.